Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's been a while...

I'm not going to try to make excuses for my lack of writing.  It's been eight months and I haven't bothered to post anything here.  What a loser.

Since March, I've given up dating, taken it up again, wanted to quit my job, kept my job, quit my job, kept my job, physically left my job, kept my job (off-site), quit my lease, moved, moved again (sort-of), applied for several other jobs, got rejected, got interviews, got rejected, got called back, didn't get called back, crossed my fingers, lost hope, moved on, traveled.

Which is where I find myself today.  On another coast far away from wherever "home" is assumed to be, surprisingly unaffected by the lack of employment in my life.  Wandering, staying with friends, family, strangers; distracting myself from the call-backs that I was promised that just aren't materializing.

Oh well.

I don't mind so much, it's sunny and I'm free.  Didn't take me long to get used to this kind of feeling.

I did also mention that I'm dating again.  Actually someone from a long time ago, well before this blog started, even before I moved to New York and before had a mental breakdown.  I wouldn't quite call it a relationship, but it is a companionship, and one that I enjoy.  Enough for now, anyway.  Too bad I left him on the opposite coast.

Maybe I'm running away, but it feels right this time.  Last time I tried this, I ran in the wrong direction.  Maybe this time is finally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment